Review this blog on Bloggers.com I'm listed in Entertainment

First Five Tomatoes from the Yard

>> Thursday, May 26, 2011


I can’t believe I just harvested the first five tomatoes from the yard.

My in-laws planted seeds and roots of varied plants, flowers and vegetables. At first, they harvested different veggies without my amazement since I usually see these green stuff already being mixed, cooked and served to add up nutrients to our meals.

Recently, my in-laws left for a two-week vacation in Quirino Province. As I was required to water these yard wonders, in five days I noticed round green fruits turning yellow-green, then yellow…. and tadah….. orange tomatoes….haha!!!

Really amazing, I harvested these five humble tomatoes. I served it with sauce for fried fish….

Wow! Freshly picked….

3 comments:

Jolly Princess May 28, 2011 at 7:40 AM  

I remember in my childhood living in a farm. My parents are great farmers. My mothers planted almost all kinds of vegetables. I like picking tomatoes because they are so cute. :)

Balqis May 28, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

Tomatoes are just like golden eggs to me! I like eating fresh tomatoes with some dressing or cooked in some dishes.

Jec, nothing beats the pleasure of being able to harvest in one own's garden (though it belongs to your in-laws). After so much sweat, you reap what you sow!

Jec May 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM  

@jolly- yeah, i did enjoy the pick. can't imagine how nice it'd be on a huge farm.... thanks for sharing. =)

@balqis- thanks, yes i do love eating tomatoes. i also drink tomato juice... it's healthy =)

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP