>> Saturday, May 28, 2011
I’ve heard varied theories about this “butterfly effect”.
Just last May 8, 2011, the sun was striking at its peak when suddenly rain-shower scattered unexpectedly, just as I thought it’d be a sunny day till the next few days… but then again it’s not. The inset photo of a butterfly was taken from our yard of vegetables.
Recently, in two weeks time from that day, PAGASA announced officially that the rainy season is at hand. Imagine the sudden shift of weather from extremeness of the sun to the extremeness of its opposite condition – the rain or even worse, storm and hurricane.
Now, to understand a diminutive theory about “butterfly effect”, I have singled out this thought some time in my secondary school topic in Science (remembering still if I may):
“Change from a “simple” situation to a “complex” condition”
I think (not confirmed as I am not a weather expert), this effect takes place between two extreme situations going towards the peak of the other extreme condition (seeing the photo from the base of a butterfly’s wing to the tip of its wide-edged wing). The flapping of the butterflies’ wings affect the wind force and other movements in the weather systems of the world…. that may bring hurricane or tornadoes….. Wow!!!
Well, somebody must have a better (definitely) explanation about this theory. Anyway, Science has every explanation we may want to know ever since (to believe or not to believe into).
>> Friday, May 27, 2011
>> Thursday, May 26, 2011
I can’t believe I just harvested the first five tomatoes from the yard.
My in-laws planted seeds and roots of varied plants, flowers and vegetables. At first, they harvested different veggies without my amazement since I usually see these green stuff already being mixed, cooked and served to add up nutrients to our meals.
Recently, my in-laws left for a two-week vacation in Quirino Province. As I was required to water these yard wonders, in five days I noticed round green fruits turning yellow-green, then yellow…. and tadah….. orange tomatoes….haha!!!
Really amazing, I harvested these five humble tomatoes. I served it with sauce for fried fish….
Wow! Freshly picked….
>> Wednesday, May 25, 2011
>> Sunday, May 22, 2011
Nowadays, we cannot just trust somebody to enter your house. There are several reasons why, but, it will really depend on the situation.
Case 1: A thief or theft syndicates.
- Sometimes they dress-up well and/or represent a known company to entice you to start up a conversation. They will offer you something to let them enter your house for a comfortable discussion. All of a sudden, you get to realize you are already giving away some of your personal belongings including money or jewelry. These types of perpetrators are hypnotics - I don’t know where or how they were trained to do such. So sad…
Case 2: A hungry person (and lost as well)
- Obviously, you need not to let this person enter your house. No reason to give him a long conversation too. If hungry, extend food or something to drink but let him / her stay (comfortably) for a while but outside your house. You may ask a known neighbor to entertain the person while you are busy preparing something for a chow. Then gracefully join them for a talk while he/she’s eating. Then, ask somebody (could be a known neighbor also, but not leaving your house unattended... of course) to accompany you to a nearby community helpdesk. There you can leave the person to be accommodated by a concerned officer. With that, you fed humbly and helped as well.
Case 3: For Sale
- There are street vendors who sell various items. The key to this are – “attention” and “company”. For items like food and the like, no need to let them in (again). Ask for assistance from your relatives or a “known” neighbor. Be attentive in counting your change or money before disengaging the transaction. Sometimes, street vendors (not all) lure buyers through fast movement of hands. But this is not rampant though. For items that need testing like flat iron (yeah right), remote control, antenna or gas valve, before letting this person in, AGAIN be accompanied by somebody you trust.
Now, if you think a person is doubtful to you, better not entertain or have an eye contact right away (for hypnotics especially). Just say “Sorry we don’t know (or we’re busy), kindly try next door please….” Never give idea that you’re alone, how many are you in the house, when will your relatives arrive, what time will your relatives come home or EVERYTHING under your roof. Be responsible to your own house.
But for a kid just like the kid on this blog photo…. Ask him “where is your mom?” or “who’s with you?”. If he can’t answer back….. you may revert to Case2 (now with added care).
Please let me in!
>> Wednesday, May 18, 2011
May 17, 2011, exactly 2:38A.M., I stumbled bringing my consciousness back as I rushed every breath I need just to make sure I’m still alive and in this world. I right away offered a prayer of thanks soon as I sit calmly and survived.
In my dream, aboard a passengers’ vehicle with somebody I don’t know, I see people in streets that look busy each of their own. Each of them seems to be mindless what’s happening with others, without them bothered too who might be the persons passing by. Selfishness, a boxed-type of living, each of the individual you’d see.
As I dropped off the vehicle, there I stand at the corner of streets. I saw a headless man walking comfortably towards a nearby store to buy something. Amazingly, I asked another man (who apparently came from the same vehicle where I alighted)….
“Who is that? How can he locate the steps? He doesn’t have either the eyes or the entire head though!” I wondered uttering.
“The science did that, amazing isn’t it? Man can live forever now.” He said calmly as it is like normal to him seeing such.
In every corner of the streets are by-standers, passers-by and again, busy people. The weather is ironically not as delightful as what we have in the current times. In daytime at about 1 or 2 in the afternoon, the clouds look so dark. The atmosphere seems to be in late hours like 7 P.M. already. The thickness of the clouds makes it dark as night-time. The sun seems to be not feasible anymore or has turned to darkness as well.
Amidst the chaotic look of busy people, there came spots of clouds. Each cloud, suitable to hold one entity, looks like bright-tinted cotton. Atop each cloud is an individual that wears bright white cloth. There were about two entities at first, then another two, then more… capable to make the crowd surprised the way these entities create brightness within the streets. There came the last entity. Just like the others - atop the cloud wearing bright white clothing, but this time, he is wearing something on his head, symbolizing his authority to distribute the other entities to pick who are the chosen ones – meaning, the ones that should be saved. Upon analyzing the event happening right after my eyes, I realized those entities were angels of God. They don’t attack; instead, they’d just get those who must be saved.
With the instinct of a true Christian, I prayed aloud and shouted out calling the Lord’s Name to be saved. Then I closed my eyes expecting to be taken by the angels as well. To my surprise, there I still stood witnessing what to happen next to those who were not taken. The angels are gone. Silence enveloped the crowd as they continuously watch every moment.
There came brown and red looking entities, instructing everyone to kneel down with both arms flat on the ground. With the frightful warning to be hurt if anyone will not obey, they all knelt down. Then in few seconds, yellow flames came out the grounds as if gases were spewed from it creating fire elsewhere. Everyone is sent to a punishment – form of a lake of fire.
I continuously prayed and called the Name of the Lord as I thought I’m gonna be burnt with them. Screaming my lungs out the cry to be saved, I closed again my eyes. When I opened my eyes, all of them were shouting to pain. I see myself standing still. Then I prayed again calling the Name of the Lord.
At a blink of an eye, I was already in a city with a wide brick-road. Buildings were side by side and each building has people being punished. The punishment depends on the sins committed on earth. I ran outside, and then a leader of one of the troops smashed a huge fire on the ground. Everywhere is set in fire. Pleading to get rid of the place I kept myself praying, calling the Name of the Lord. Demons’ laughter can be heard all over the place. Then I saw them making idols and images saying “Is this your God?!!!” They were putting thorns and messing the entire images. I closed my eyes hardly and cried out loud praying and calling the Name of the Lord….. Finally i woke up.
“Oh, God! Hallelujah!!! Thank you for waking me up…..“ (I uttered right away)
“Please forgive me for I am a sinner. Thanks for showing me how it is there, so I would not do ungodly things until you return. Please guide us all - me, my church-mates, and my family all throughout our lives. Amen.” This I pray.
Let this be also a form of soul-awakening for others.
>> Tuesday, May 17, 2011
For many times I joined several singing contests, you can count one-hand the number of times I won 1st place.
Amongst the singing contests where I won are as follow:
- In my 5th grade in primary school, Christmas Singing Contest with the song “You’re All I Want For Christmas” by Rico J. Puno. I bagged cash prize and just a humble ribbon.
- In my 3rd year class in secondary school, A known bar in our city with the song “You’ll Never Walk Alone” by Gerry and the Pacemakers. I was given a cash prize plus a trophy.
- In my college years, I was at my 3rd year class, “Likhang Awit” (Song composition) contest, singing the song composed by a friend “Bakit Nga Ba” (Why Is It So). I was awarded a gold medal tagged “Best Vocal Performance” by our Ex-President Joseph Estrada - that was during his administration.
- At Center For Pop Music 2005, Cubao branch, during the Practicum Presentation at the Padi’s Point held in Araneta Coliseum. I was awarded Best Male Vocal Quality.
- And now, just last May 14, 2011, in Bacoor Town Fiesta 2011, Videoke Singing Contest. I won 1st place winning also a cash prize.
The rest were all failures. Despite that, these five victories eat the forty-eight losses up giving me courage and self-esteem. God-given talent should be used to glorify Him…. not just a mere career but an obligation as well.
>> Thursday, May 5, 2011
I thank the Lord that you did not entertain the thoughts of taking me out from this world. Instead, you listened to the beat of both of our hearts….
I thank you for allowing me to experience what it is there in the world and what it has to offer me when He created it for human beings….
I’m proud of the world that through you, I am living, loved and cared for….
With dad, we pray for your strength, success in everything you do and good health….
HAPPY MOTHERS’ DAY TO YOU…. and to the moms out there!!!
>> Tuesday, May 3, 2011
May 7, 2011 in the U.S. while May 8, 2011 here in the Philippines, the most awaited clash is about to happen… again, with our very own Manny Pacquiao.
As the famous Philippine literature “I am a Filipino” by Hon. Carlos P. Romulo, I retell that these thoughts be on the minds of Pacquiao before, while or even after this fight:
“I am a Filipino - inheritor of a glorious past, hostage to the uncertain future. As such I must prove equal to a two-fold task- the task of meeting my responsibility to the past, and the task of performing my obligation to the future…..”
“…I am a Filipino. In my blood runs the immortal seed of heroes - seed that flowered down the centuries in deeds of courage and defiance. In my veins yet pulses the same hot blood that sent Lapulapu to battle against the alien foe that drove Diego Silang and Dagohoy into rebellion against the foreign oppressor…..”
Of course his fist is incomparable to human’s capacity to receive and defeat punches, still we need to acknowledge the Lord’s greatness of providing this kind of talent.
The key to a real success: Put God first in everything we do, and the rest will follow. Prayers! Prayers! Prayers!